American Tax for Expats

your experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable aussie tax agent for the us tax system

Tax for Expats

tax image 2.jpg


Expats often have international financial circumstances, which many American tax professionals are unfamiliar with or rarely see.

American Tax for Expats has a decade of experience in various international tax situations such as international retirement accounts, foreign real estate investments, foreign earned income, international business ventures but most common is your first tax return in the US upon arrival.

American Tax For Expats was established in 2008 as Australia America Tax Services. Since then we have grown to take on more than just Australian clients to help all expats to file U.S. tax returns with the IRS and individual states, more easily and efficiently.

If you are a new immigrant to the U.S., or starting a business, or if this is your first year filing a U.S. tax return (or tenth), it's important to get professional and accurate advice from the beginning.

American Tax For Expats will ensure your tax return is right the first time, helping you avoid years of costly amendments and penalties down the road.  If you didn’t come to us first and would like a previous years return looked at for accuracy we can do that too!

Living in the US can bring about some major life changes such as gaining permanent residency (Green Card holder) or becoming a dual citizen.   Changes like this bring about tax implications that American Tax for Expats are highly experienced in helping you navigate through these significant life changes. Failing to get good advice and not understanding the tax implications can prove to be disappointing and lead to unexpected consequences in the future.  We have been there and done it in our personal lives and we are now here to guide you through it all.

American Tax For Expats can help you understand your U.S. tax obligations based on your individual circumstances.

So don't hesitate, browse through the list of services American Tax For Expats offers and arrange a free consultation with questions or to get started on your US tax return. We're here to not only save you time but live by our mantra: “Tax evasion is illegal, but tax avoidance is our birthright”.

With American Tax For Expats, you get an experienced expatriate tax professional who helps Americans, Green Card Holders, and all US visa holders minimize their US tax.

Authorized IRS e-file provider

Schedule an Appointment

Get a free quote or arrange a 15 min phone consultation to discuss all your tax needs.

We are an authorized IRS E-File provider experienced in handling tax affairs for expats in the U.S. and abroad.

As an Australian expat, Glenn understands the unique tax situations faced by many expats.

He specializes in helping both Americans, Green Card holders, and resident aliens who are moving, returning to, or living overseas away from the U.S (including military; Glenn is former Navy), 

With formal business and tax education, and a record of completion of the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) in 2016 from the IRS, let Glenn and American Tax for Expats handle your U.S taxes to save you time and money for peace of mind.

Passport image 1.jpg


A rare find for Aussies and Kiwis in the U.S on E3 visa.

"So thankful to find the rare Australian to help with my U.S. returns. A rare find for Australians and New Zealanders in the U.S who are on an E3 visa. I had been through several small and mid-size accounting firms that had little to zero understanding of expats or Australian tax-related issues like superannuation, E3, and dual citizenship. Glenn got it sorted, making the entire process easy and straightforward." ~ Kelsey Anderson

Professional & knowledgeable.

"We recommend Glenn's tax services to any Australians needing help with their U.S. tax returns. He helped us sort through years of errors from previous accountants and a complex return involving the sale of an Australian property. Glenn is easy to work with and understands U.S. tax complexities for expats and dual nationals." ~ Cheryl Conway

A straight up, honest guy who'll get you a much bigger refund!

"Glenn was a welcome change from the complex US tax system, and agents who don't understand what it's like to be a foreigner. He's also very insightful and knowledgeable. It was so refreshing to speak to not only a fellow Aussie, but a guy who just understands our needs. He also got me a bigger return than I thought possible. Bloody brilliant! " ~ Mark Rasmussen

A real wealth of knowledge.

"If you're English or an Aussie, and need to file a U.S. tax return (or figure out if you do!), talk to Glenn. He's a wealth of knowledge on the U.S. tax system and understands the common questions and concerns all us English and Aussies have." ~ B. Rich Adams



With American Tax For Expats, you get an experienced expatriate tax professional who helps Americans, Green Card Holders, Australians, British, Canadians, E3, O1 and US visa holders, maximize their US tax.

We only work with the best tax programs available. We never compromise quality for time and give our clients realistic expectations to ensure you fully understand. We strive for honest customer service, and do our best to make sure you get back every single dollar you are owed to your complete satisfaction.

get a free consultation

About Me

Glenn Hines

G'day, my name is Glenn Hines

I have been in the US since 2002 and am now a U.S. citizen.  I am a a authorized IRS E-File Provider experienced in handling tax affairs for expats in the U.S. and abroad. As an Australian expat myself, I understand the unique tax situations faced by many expats. I specialize in helping both Americans, Green Card holders and resident aliens (such as E3s)  who are moving, returning to, or living overseas (including military), as well as rental investment income and small and medium business returns.

Authorized IRS e-file provider